Friday, July 08, 2005

Cricket Crazy!!

Oh!! I love this game. There was a time when I watched every match that India played and no matter what anyone said, India vs Pakistan was the biggest. It was always fun to win. But since I have been in the US, I haven't been able to follow much cricket. So many new faces in each team and so many changes. But my friend Ashwin is so crazy about the game that he keeps track of each and every thing happening in the cricket world. He is almost an expert on the game. See his blog Ramblings of a crazed cricket fan which has his view on the game and analysis better than most website cricket writers.
During my hay days as a cricket crazy fan, I wanted to become a commentator but being a girl, I never thought that could be possible. But hearing about Mandira Bedi commenting on the last World Cup was like opening up old wounds :(
Anyway, I just hope we win the next world cup with Sachin Tendulkar as a part of the team. He is the greatest and countless people can say what they want about him but no one can become him. Secondly, I wish we could watch cricket here in US on the sports channel without having to pay hundreds of dollars.

No comments: