Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Update to Gulf Air complaint

Well, this does seem unexpected, but a couple of months back I received a reply from Gulf Air regarding my complaint mailed to them as in the previous blog of mine. They said, they did not accept any responsibility for the stolen items but are willing to compensate for delayed baggage, ofcourse with a clause that I forego any claims towards Gulf Air. In short, I can't sue them ;-).
I signed a waiver and stuff and today I received a check for $83, the amount they said they would give in the letter. Well don't know where that figure came from, but I thought something is better than nothing.
Oh, this does not change my mind about not flying gulf air again. But just wanted you all to know the status.
I was hoping to fly Jet Airways, but for all the news items saying that some US company Jet Airways Inc. alleges that the Jet Airways of India has links with Al Qaeda. Oh well!! my luck!!

No comments: