Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My two cents on the Tom Cruise – Katie Holmes relationship

Well, I thought I should also contribute my views about the relationship between these two and how the media is handling or mis-handling it. Besides, there is so much coverage that it is hard to ignore them unless I am a cave person.
Every article I read on these two had one statement about the poll where people believe that this is a publicity stunt. According to me it might be or might not be, but who really cares. According to a Steven Spielberg interview, Tom is being punished by the media for his open declaration of love. So, I started wondering, Why is the media angry with Tom Cruise, why are they so frustrated that he is openly declaring his love, why why?
And the answer is, the media is angry because it is not making any money out of the love life of Tom Cruise and Katie Homes. Because they are not hiding the looooooove, the paparazzi cannot snap secret, one-of-a-kind pictures and demand half a million for them. Because their confessions are so public and out in the open, that all the gossip magazines do not have anything exclusive for the readers which isn't already available in print, media and on the internet.
I guess this is the price of fame, being private is a problem and going public is a bigger problem.
I guess to some extent we all love to hear gossip about celebrities but the media here just takes it too far. Day in and out they just focus on one lousy story. Don't believe me, what about the "runaway bride", "brangelina" and many more. There are bigger and more adverse problems in this world about which most of the american people are unaware.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you. I feel like the open relationship with Katie and Tom Cruise is cute and adorable. What's wrong with showing the world how much you care for someone. I feel like the media needs to focus on bigger ang better stories instead of the same ones over and over again. We all know about Brad and Angelina. What's more to tell? As if we haven't heard enough.