Friday, August 19, 2005

"Someone" won't let me watch Food Network

Well, here I am early from work today because I skipped gym. Didn't feel like going, just want to chillout today and the rest of the weekend. So sat on the couch and changed the channel to Food Network. Somehow if there is nothing else on TV, I can watch whatever is cooking on Food Network. Not absolutely anything, but Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals, Alton Brown's Good Eats, Unwrapped, Secret Life of... etc. It's just fun besides learning something by chance. Most of the time they cook red meat which I don't eat. I only have chicken and maybe fish and shrimps. Anyway, so still it's interesting. But well the channel was flipped on me (By "someone" of course) as soon as I got up to put my pineapple back into the fridge. So I thought here is a good chance to write a post about this. As if I had an alternative!!!
Sometime back I had read an article about Rachel Ray which says that there are entire blogs on criticizing her. The article is pretty good and it defends Ray. In my opinion she is pretty decent. She may not be fancy but she seems practical. In contrast, I feel Emeril is more of a showy cook than of substance. Or its maybe that I just don't like what he comes up with. But I absolutely love Alton Brown. He is really funny and his show Good Eats gives a lot of good tips and tricks. And well ofcourse, there are always the other shows about contests and the new Italian chic who I don't really think is that great. But well, I don't get to watch FoodTV too often as it gets beaten by TBS most of the time especially by the re-re-re-runs of Seinfeld.
So well here is my Friday evening for you. I will be going out later tonight with "someone" to eat at a fast food Mexican place and then catch a movie, most probably Red Eye. Seems to have got good reviews.

No comments: