Friday, March 23, 2007

India out of Cricket World Cup 2007

(Cartoon by Dr. Sudeep Ross)

So India finally did it, they chucked themselves out of the World Cup even before reaching the second stage of the tournament (unless a miracle - read Bangladesh loses to Bermuda happens). I thought we started off well against Sri Lanka but never used it to our advantage. Ofcourse the batting was horrible. How can a country with the best batting line up on paper never make it work in games? India's exit ends hope of millions of Indian fans for another World Cup.

The saddest part for me is that we never won the World Cup with the World's Best Batsman - Sachin Tendulkar in our team. How is something like this possible? Who knows if he will be around for the next world cup.

I am not sure what the future holds for the Indian team but I can guess lot of angry fans and burning efigies of the players. The indian public does take it a bit too far when they protest and their favorite activity is to burn posters. But for a country where Cricket is religion, I don't see an escape.

Well better luck next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Pri! This is Sudeep Ross, by the way...thanks for using my cartoon! Actually, it was my wife who found your blog and my cartoon on there...I'd actually drawn it for a friend of mine, Melvin Durai (melvindurai.com), who writes a humor column each week. I enjoyed your blog about Sanjaya....