Monday, June 29, 2009

Totally agree with Bill Maher

I know this is a late post about Bill Maher's take on President Obama, but I totally agree with every statement that he made in this video.



I too am tired of watching Obama whenever I turn on the TV. The media like my husband is totally in love with Barack Obama and overlook whatever he is not doing, giving excuses that how much can he do or he has just come in.
The economy is still trying to pick itself up and there hasn't been any real change. Healthcare is still in the dumps. And Immigration reform is not even on this year's agenda. I don't need to know what Father's Day message Obama sent to his daughters or where he takes his wife on dates. Give me something real to like you.

As a legal immigrant paying taxes every paycheck along with social security and medicare that I will never get to use, I demand a reform in more than one way. Having completed a Master's degree from a great university and working on an MBA degree from another, I have given quite a bit to this country. No doubt, I have received quite a bit in return too, but give me the right to advance my career without having to deal with visa issues every other year. Give me my labor approval that is stuck in audit since 20 months even though my company has proved why they hired me. Fix the immigration system from within and eliminate loopholes that allow offshore companies to use up the visas on people with lower skill and paying them less money.

Help those thousands of students who have come here to obtain advanced degrees using up their parents' lifetime savings. The American Dream is quickly fading away unless something is done. Immigration reform is not difficult and many other countries have implemented the right system which is why people are now moving to those places in search of their dream. Don't tell me that millions of illegal immigrants will receive citizenship under amnesty plan and all the legal immigrants will slog their way through a hopeless immigration system that is called the "green card system".

I did not vote for Obama because I was not eligible to do so, but here is my open request to the President. DO SOMETHING. Otherwise there is no difference between You, The President and You, The Wax Statue!

No comments: