Friday, October 14, 2005

Toral, The Snob

Yesterday, after watching the Trump Apprentice, it is becoming more and more evident that it doesn't take too much intellect or personality to be successful and earn millions. On the other hand, it also provides proof that being educated from one of the topmost business schools or any such education institution does not necessarily mean you are the best and the brightest. Toral, the Indian girl on the reality TV show was a perfect example of this. But she is not the first and she will definitely not be the last. Since the first Apprentice, the quality of the candidates has been deteriorating. For this season I read here, that Trump had himself interviewed 17 of the 18 candidates. Didn't make much difference I say, especially with the women. The guys more or less are decent, but the girls - phew!! They just can't get over the sorority, popularity stuff.
There are two sides to this post here. One is about the other girls on the team. From the beginning, since they didn't get to boot Toral out last week, they have been ganging against her. I did see a hint of some "ism" in there. But anyways, you would expect these women being successful individuals on their own would have some common sense so as to focus on the job. That is the number one rule in any successful task. Don't lose sight of your goal. In a way, they did not. Their goal was to send Toral home and they did win, rightly said by this piece. Last week's loss was not Toral's fault and so her friend did defend her.
But Toral is one of the snobbiest people I have seen on the show and this is the second side. I would have loved to see her succeed, but thank god that did not happen. She is so into herself that everybody around her are like microscopic creatures to her. That attitude is just so wrong. I don't know how the Wharton graduate could be so condescending towards others. I think her biggest problem was not being a team player. I agreed with her on certain issues like not being part of a popularity contest, but her attitude just got under my skin. No wonder the other girls hated her and she sure will be featured on the "Reality TV's Most Hated Girls".
Being an Indian, toral's attitude did make me angry. And her pseudo personal,cultural and religious reasons were exposed in no time. Raj, from the second season was so much better and indeed a smart individual. He did make mistakes and accepted them but he at no point insulted the others. I think that is one of the most important qualities a human being needs to possess.

10 comments:

XXX said...

Nice blog, keep up the good work!
Your blog is creative.
Andy Clair

pri said...

Oh! Just some trivia on her. She has also acted in a Hindi movie - Kehtaa Hai Dil Baar Baar, the hindi version of Meet The Parents. She played Kim Sharma's sister. That's so funny.:D

Anonymous said...

Toral is a Scam Artist-

1) She is already in the news (Fox) for fraud, writing bad checks

2) There is a judgment against her for more than $4000 for not paying rent

3)She was kicked out of Columbia for cheating (no MBA)

4) She is not an investment banker as claimed

5) She was working as clerk at Goldman Sachs and was fired

6) She is not a millionaire either

7) She has no house in London or Miami and shares a room with others in NY city

8) All that she has is a B.S degree in economics from UPenn ( the way she writes as if she has an MBA from Wharton)

She is an ambitiuous girl with no experience and will land up in big brothers house.

She is not only a shame to all Indians but to the human race as a whole.

God help her.

Anonymous said...

TORAL'S FORMER LANDLORD SPEAKS

Hi, My name is Leslie Katz, I rented a room in my apartment at 101 W90th Street New York, NY 10024 to Miss TOral Mehta. During her stay she was fired from Goldman Sachs and was kicked out of Grad School for stealing information from Goldman for a school paper. She had a 1 month security deposit and told me that she would be late with her rent and would catch up the following month. I felt bad for her and I trusted her. Also I did not have the heart to kick her out while she was already down. Well, Toral, stayed in my apartment an additonal 2 and 1/2 months and did not pay her rent. She also gave me a bad check and dissappeared the next day after I deposited the check. I went to Washington Mutaal and was told that she was writing many bogus checks. I was able to locate her and confont her and she told me that she was preparing for THe Apprentice and that she was going to pay me when she wins. That Donald fixes the shows and that the next winner would be a Ethnic woman. All of this to me sounded stupied and very fishy. I took her to court. She NEVER showed face I won the case for 3 months rent and legal fees. Toral if you are reading these boards as some posters say you are. PAY UP. I to have bills to be paid. I had someone do a recent credit check on you Toral and you are in debt and your credit score is 460. VERY POOR for someone who is making claims of owning property and being a millionaire. you have no money in your Washington Mutual Checking accout in fact you are frauding people by giving out bogus checks. You have cheated lied and stolen from your employer and from your Graduate School. You're a 29 yr old WOMAN not a child start acting like one.

Also your rants about everyone being under you. You are a SCAM artist and that to me and anyone else is the lowest of the low.

I am sure it will not be long you get arrested for all the bogus checkes you are giving out and we see you in a cell at Rikers Island then you your company and religion will be very imbarresed of you.


I would appreciate if you would pay up you lost your case in court by not showing up. It is on your credit report now that you owe me $4738.00 and will stay on your report for 7 years. In the mean time I am in the process of putting a lean on any other accounts you may have and go after your pay check. IF you are so rich and powerful then pay me my rent!

Yours truely,


Your former Landlord Leslie Katz

Anonymous said...

My wife and I both graduated from Columbia Business School in May 2002. Toral started with us but was kicked out after cheating on test numerous times. (Nobody ever fails from Business School as they considered all admitted candidates as future donors and she was kicked out!) The only thing legitimate about her Bio is that she graduated from UPenn in 1997 and worked at AMEX. She claimed to me se was in Marketing in 2003, but found out later she was a clerk.

As for her real estate, I find it extremely entertaining to read the fiction she wrote as she rented an apartment at 90th and Columbus until at least the middle of 2004. (We used to live on 89th street until July 2004.)

Anonymous said...

This is a true story. I was her classmate too. She is actually a by sexual. She used to go out with one of me buddy. She had 3-some in many occasions. She was also a member of a Swing Club in the Village (Manhattan-NYC). However. She is a very cool girl and a Good person. Best part of her is that she loves Sex - especially Group Sex!!!!!!!!! I think she will get the Job. Donald Trump likes this kind of girl. She might be his 4th wife - who knows: D

Anonymous said...

At PENN, Toral would bang 3 or 4 different guys a week!!! You had to sign a non disclosure agreement secured by your left nut. This girl was really freaky about protecting her image. She just had too much pride in herself to admit that she was just another ho. Instead it was just a transaction for her. Fine for the rest of who just wanted the booty call.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more!! I posted a similar rant about Toral here. L8R!

~harris

Anonymous said...

Your "My Tech Blog" link has two URI schemes (http://http://...)!

Anonymous said...

it is amazing that all of these negative accolades about Toral were written withing 5 minutes of each other... her supposed landlord, then former classmates... all with the same story and spelling errors... I am cracking up here, but whoever you are, that is called slander in my book and could win YOU a court case!
lets see: 11:48 am, 11:51 am, 11:52 am and then another random person who knows Toral personally writes at 11:53 am. What timing for all these people who knew her to get online and find the same blog and rant and rave! Sounds like the working of one lame individual to me.